- Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism. Need to cogitate at an Inspiration Point? Arkansas has a lot of them.
- Fayetteville Flyer, “news, art & life in Fayetteville, Arkansas.” A community online newspaper
- Freshare, covering the area’s “nature, wildlife, a little science, fantastic photography, and some good Ozarks fun in the outdoors”
- Citiscapes, Northwest Arkansas monthly
- The City Wire, Fort Smith based online news for the Arkansas River valley and Northwest Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Newspapers, aka NWA Media, comprising the Northwest Arkansas edition of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Northwest Arkansas Times, Benton County Daily Record, Springdale Morning News and Rogers Morning News. Features the What’s Up entertainment section. Most of the site is by subscription only. Absolutely free is NAN’s alternative The Free Weekly, which publishes OPWC news, and the Spanish La Prensa Libre.
Poetry & Writing Links
- Arkansas Writers, a guide to groups and activities for writers in the state
- Writers Colony at Dairy Hollow, good friends of the Collective
- The Oxford American, “The Southern Magazine of Good Writing”
- Poets & Writers, nonprofit literary organization, with a magazine & a calendar of readings & workshops nationwide, including here
- The Academy of American Poets, which has an Arkansas page
- The OPWC’s cousin, Ozark Poetry Slam
- Howl, a women’s writers circle
University of Arkansas links
- Main Web site
- Creative Writing Program
- University of Arkansas Press
- Music Department, performances
- University Theatre, drama stage schedule
- KUAF, 91.3 FM, National Public Radio, home page links to community events
- KXUA, 88.3 FM, kick-out campus station. Local spoken word program High on Words, now 10-11 p.m. Fridays.
Arts Resource links
- Walton Arts Center, drama, music, dance as well as classes
- Arkansas Arts Council, promoting access to the arts for Arkansans
Links are not meant to be thorough, exhaustive or complete. Yet Webmaster welcomes suggestions.